Friday 1 May 2009

WELCOME!

If you would like to send me an item to review, please email me first. This way I can tell you whether or not I have it already, and if not I can give you the address to send it to.

My email address: occulusorbus(at)yahoo(dot)com.

Just replace the bracketed text with the appropriate symbols '@' and '.'

I don't discriminate between professional and amateur, so anything goes...be sure to send along details of where, when, and how my readers can get your product, and most importantly how much it will cost them to do so.

Most of the reviews here will be good because I usually choose to buy and review stuff I like (or think I'll like), but they will also be honest as well.

So, I hear you ask, what is it exactly that you like? Here's a brief snapshot...

Any sort of low budget genre film, Horror, Sci-fi, action, Martial Arts (especially Ninjas!), Zombies, Cannibals, Giallo, Spaghetti Westerns, Women-In-Prison, Japanese monster movies, Exploitation, Sexploitation, Blaxploitation, Nunsploitation, Ilsa and related Nazi flicks, Softcore, Hardcore (Features, not Gonzo), Hammer, Amicus, Russ Meyer, Roger Corman, Dario Argento and all the other Italian greats, Coffin Joe, Foreign Films, bizarre niches and fetishes like Superheroines, Sword & Sorcery, John Carpenter, George A. Romero, Pulps and Cliffhanger Serials, Comics, Seduction Cinema, Full Moon, The Asylum, Jean Rollin, Salvation Films, Cannon, and much, much more besides.

If we share any of these in common, then it's fair to say that we will see eye to eye somewhere along the line in terms of taste.

Rather than attempt to make money from my blog, some of my items will earn me store credit with Amazon if people click through and buy them...this means I can re-invest my ill-gotten gains in more cool books and movies to review, rather than taking the cash and frittering it away elsewhere in less wholesome pursuits, like hookers. I don't have an Amazon Wishlist because I'm not a hot chick, and every red-blooded man knows the easy way to get something for nothing is with a vagina, or rather the lingering promise thereof. Also, I find the whole concept of them to be kind of creepy (wishlists that is, not girls and their vaginas...well, unless they have tons of 'intimate piercings', that is!), and the online equivalent of a 'gateway drug' for nascent cyber-stalkers, or indeed any kind of stalker for that matter.

Thus, I will instead be sharing my thoughts about what item I plan to buy next with the accrued credit, and soliciting reader opinion on what to go for via polls, and am more than happy to go along with the majority vote. But for now I've got a stack of my own awesome books and movies to plough through and review, so let's get to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment